DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - Project 1: Digital & Physical collages

03/04/2023 - 21/05/2022 /// Week 1 - Week 4

Osezua Ehizogie Ejodame / 0351565
Digital Photography and Imaging /Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)/Creative Media Design (Minor)/ School of Computer Science
Project 1: Digital & Physical collages

INSTRUCTION

Physical Collage Design - Using design elements from cut out newspapers and magazines make a collage design.

Digital Collage Design - Using predetermined design elements use those elements to make a digital collage on adobe photoshop.


LECTURES & EXERCISES

Week 1 - INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY & IMAGING

Lecture

Graphic designers frequently use Photoshop to express their creativity in a number of ways such as in restoring old images to make them look newer. Designers are provided with many tools to make great works of art and it's important to learn how to use those tools.

Tutorial & Practical (Physical Collage)

Fig 1.1 Experimenting with Collage Ideas

I started doing some idea exploration at home before the next class. I started by gathering three magazines and cutting out design elements that I liked the most. For my first collage, I placed a man in the center, but I felt I could improve the design and add more elements.

My second attempt looked closer to what I envisioned. I added new elements and replaced the man with a woman and some text. Although I preferred this design to the first one, it still looked somewhat off.

It was only on my third try that I finally felt satisfied with the design. I realized that the previous attempts lacked balance, and the elements were not centralized. Moving forward, I will use my third attempt as the base design to improve upon.


Week 2 - INTRODUCTION TO COMPOSITION

Lecture
When composing designs its important to take the following into account:


Tutorial & Practical (Physical Collage)

Fig 1.2 Pre-compositions






Final Physical Collage:
Fig 1.3 Final Physical Collage


Week 3 - INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOSHOP 2

Tutorial & Practical (Digital Collage)


Digital Collage Composition 1

Digital Collage Composition 2


Digital Collage Composition 3









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FINAL COMPILATION

Typography /Task 1: Exercises

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - Project 2: Photoshop exercises & Conceptual Product Photoshoot